Hastings Live Contest
Over $3,850 in Total Prize’s
Contest Days September 25th, Oct1st, 2nd, 9th, 10th, 15th, 16th
Qualified Entrant and Entry
- A qualified entrant (“Entrant”) is someone who is 19 years of age or older. Employees of Teletheatre BC, Great Canadian Gaming Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “GCGC”) , British Columbia Lottery Corporation (“BCLC”), as well as family and household members of same who reside at the same address are not eligible.
- A qualified entry (“Entry”) is on an original Hastings Racecourse entry form that must be completed by the Entrant in its entirety, must be legible and must be handed in at the Racebook Guest Services or HPI Centre.
- Entrant and Entry must meet all Contest Conditions as outlined below. Entrant and/or Entry not meeting Contest Conditions will be disqualified and prize will be forfeited.
- Voluntary Self-Excluded and Barred persons are not eligible to participate and will not be awarded a prize.
- British Columbia licensed horsemen including and not limited to (owners, trainers, grooms, and hot walkers) are eligible to compete under the following conditions:
- 1. Horsemen must identify themselves prior to the commencement of the contest as being a BC licensed horsemen
- 2. Horsemen must identify contest races in which they hold an interest or may benefit from the outcome of the race.
- 3. Horsemen who may hold an interest as identified in number 2 must select their own horse.
Contest Ballots – Must be in attendance to Enter
- Entrants may pick up a contest ballot and enter at Hastings Racecourse Racebook Guest Services or HPI Centre.
- Hastings Live Finale consists of 7 Contest Days
- Contest Days are September 25th, Oct 1st, 2nd, 9th, 10th, 15th, 16th
- September 25th, Oct 1st, 2nd, 9th, 10th, 15th, 16th feature a handicapping contest to win a share of $450 in Wagers.
- 1st Place will win a $75 Win Place Show Wager on one of Hastings remaining races
- 2nd Place will win a $50 Win Place Show Wager on one of Hastings remaining races
- 3rd Place will win a $25 Win Place Show Wager on one of Hastings remaining races
- Prize must be accepted as awarded.
- In the event of a tie, prize wagers will be divided equally amongst the winners.
- Unclaimed Wagers become the property of Hastings Racecourse
- Contest winner must be present to win selected race wager
Beat The Boss Bonus
- The Boss’s Picks will be posted at post time of the first contest race
- Ties with the Boss’s point total will be considered as a winner
- Entrants that “Beat the Boss’s” point total will have their name entered for a chance to win one of the following prizes. Prizes will be drawn at the end of the contest on October 16th
- $250 Wagering Voucher, $200 Wagering Voucher, $150 Wagering Voucher, $100 Wagering Voucher
- Beat the Boss Bonus Winners do not have to be present to win
- Contestants will pick a horse from Hastings races 1 to 5 on the contest day. The total dollar value paid on Win-Place-Show for the horse chosen will be the “point total” for each race.
- No Caps.
- There will be 5 mandatory races each contest day September 25th, Oct 1st, 2nd, 9th, 10th, 15th, 16th Participants may select only one horse per race.
- All entries must be received prior to the start of Hastings 1st race on the contest day
- The contestant who earns the most points on the 5 races will be declared that days contest winner.
- Entries and fields are considered a single wagering interest, in accordance with the regulations of the host racetrack.
- TRACK RULINGS OFFICIAL – All official racetrack rulings will apply to the horses wagered.
- There will be NO specifying alternates. Should a scratch occur in the selected race, the participant shall be assigned the post time betting favorite. Should no wager on ANY horse be made in a selected race, the participant will receive zero (0) points for that race.
If a designated selected race is declared as not official for any reason whatsoever the contest for that day will be shortened by that race.
- The official individual standings, including the names of the participants and their total bankroll will be posted at the conclusion of each contest race.
- No purchase necessary.
- Selected Entrants must have complied with all Contest Conditions.
- All non-winning, disqualified and/or winning Entries will become the property of Hastings Racecourse.
- Hastings Racecourse reserves the right to substitute the prize or portion thereof with one of equal or greater value.
- The prize must be accepted as awarded or if the winning Entrant has an option agrees that the option is final and binding.
- Hastings Racecourse is not responsible for lost, misdirected, misplaced, illegible or damaged entries or entries submitted after the contest deadline.
- In making the prize available to a winning Entrant, Hastings Racecourse makes no representations or warranties whatsoever either expressed or implied, oral or written, in respect of the prize
- Hastings Racecourse shall not be liable to the winning Entrant nor to any other person for loss or damage to person or property resulting from or connected with acts or omissions of Hastings Racecourse and/or the prize supplier
- Hastings Racecourse reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to withdraw, terminate or modify all or any part of this contest should a virus or computer problem, technical failure, unauthorized intervention, tampering, fraud or other cause beyond the control of GCGC which, in the opinion of Hastings Racecourse, affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest. In the event the contest is terminated early or modified, a notice will be posted on the Hastings Racecourse website.
- Hastings Racecourse has the right to publish the name, location and a recent photograph of the winner without remuneration.
- All winners will be required to present valid photo identification and complete a Contest Declaration and Release Agreement before a prize is released. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of the winner, and the prize will become the property of Hastings Racecourse.